New Hope Network was proud to launch our Sustainability Program at Natural Products Expo East 2016. We recognize our trade show has an impact on the environment. Through our Sustainability Program, we are striving to identify, understand, and address these impacts to achieve continual improvement year after year.
We are excited to continue our sustainability efforts at Natural Products Expo West & Engredea 2017, and will continue to focus in the areas of: waste management, energy and water conservation, sustainable procurement, and community engagement.
Some of our efforts include:
- A partnership with Bonneville Environmental Foundation and WhiteWave Foods to offset the water impact of the event by supporting a Sacramento River Wetland Project. The project seeks to provide 10,000 acres of habitat each year for hundreds of thousands of migrating shorebirds that rely on California’s Central Valley. Learn more
- A partnership with Bonneville Environmental Foundation and WhiteWave Foods to offset 100% of the energy consumed at the venue and major conference hotels.
- Continued partnership with GES to procure more sustainable products for the conference, including recyclable signage, reuse of banners, and carpet with recycled content that is recyclable at the end of its usable life.
- Sustainable Exhibitor Guidelines and recognition for participating companies..
- Condiments and beverages provided in bulk rather than individual servings
- Plastic single use water bottles have been eliminated
As we begin this journey, we invite you… our attendees, exhibitors, and suppliers, to partner with us along the way. We believe that working together; we can not only minimize our environmental impact, but also leave a positive legacy in our host city of Anaheim and be leaders in our industry.
How you can help while at Natural Products Expo West & Engredea:
Want to be recognized as a Sustainable Exhibitor? Make the commitment here.
Did you know over 90% of the CO2 impact of our event is from attendee travel? Want to help lighten the load? Offset your travel here.
Vendor Greening Efforts
Anaheim's & Orange County's greening efforts:
To view the City of Anaheim's & Orange County's greening efforts click here.
Anaheim Convention Center's greening efforts:
To view the Anaheim Convention Center's greening efforts, click here.
Food Service greening efforts:
To view Aramark's greening efforts click here.
General Contractor greening efforts:
To view GES greening efforts (coming soon).
Registration greening efforts:
To view the Compusystems greening efforts click here.
For questions about this year’s Sustainability Program, including anything related to making the commitment to become a Sustainable Exhibitor, please contact email@example.com.